HighTechTalks DotNet Forums  

regasm and regsvr32 can not register an interop dll

Dotnet Framework (CLR) microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.clr


Discuss regasm and regsvr32 can not register an interop dll in the Dotnet Framework (CLR) forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old   
aowi
 
Posts: n/a

Default regasm and regsvr32 can not register an interop dll - 05-21-2009 , 11:16 AM






Hi,

I am trying to install an interop dll for application development. But after
I find the regasm.exe and run it, and then go both .NET command line or Run
command under start button of computer, it always say regasm not recognized?
Any one know what to do in this case to get the dll registered?

Thank you very much!

Aowi



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old   
Wilson, Phil
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: regasm and regsvr32 can not register an interop dll - 05-21-2009 , 11:24 AM






Go to the directory of the regasm you actually need. If you have three
frameworks installed there will be three regasms, that's why there is no App
Paths entry for regasm, for example, because you should be using the one
appropriate for the assembly.
--
Phil Wilson

"aowi" <aowi (AT) discussions (DOT) microsoft.com> wrote

Quote:
Hi,

I am trying to install an interop dll for application development. But
after
I find the regasm.exe and run it, and then go both .NET command line or
Run
command under start button of computer, it always say regasm not
recognized?
Any one know what to do in this case to get the dll registered?

Thank you very much!

Aowi


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old   
aowi
 
Posts: n/a

Default New problem! Re: regasm and regsvr32 can not register an interop d - 05-22-2009 , 09:49 AM



Thank you very much! You are right, after I specify the path of 'regasm'
used, it works. But I got new problems.

After the regasm runned, I still got the same problem when I run my
application referencing to the interop dll. The error is " Retrieving the COM
class factory for component with CLSID {..} failed due to the following
error: 80040154".

I don't know how to fix this problem now. How can I make sure the interop
dll is really registered and retrievable? I checked using 'regedit', the
classID mentioned is there...I don't know why it's not retrievable..

Thank you very much for help!

Aiwi




"Wilson, Phil" wrote:

Quote:
Go to the directory of the regasm you actually need. If you have three
frameworks installed there will be three regasms, that's why there is no App
Paths entry for regasm, for example, because you should be using the one
appropriate for the assembly.
--
Phil Wilson

"aowi" <aowi (AT) discussions (DOT) microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A1911243-C5B5-45E1-90F9-A310D0296C0B (AT) microsoft (DOT) com...
Hi,

I am trying to install an interop dll for application development. But
after
I find the regasm.exe and run it, and then go both .NET command line or
Run
command under start button of computer, it always say regasm not
recognized?
Any one know what to do in this case to get the dll registered?

Thank you very much!

Aowi


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old   
Wilson, Phil
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: New problem! Re: regasm and regsvr32 can not register an interop d - 06-03-2009 , 11:29 AM



The term "interop" can be confusing......

If this is your .NET assembly that exposes COM interfaces, then you should
know the CLSID so you can go look in the registry and compare the
registration with your assermbly, especially the description of the assembly
with your actual assembly. Versions matter.

If this is an interop assembly generated by adding a ref to a COM type
library then you don't need to regasm it at all. It's basically a mapping so
your code can call the ainterop assembly which then calls the actual COM
class, and that must be registered.

--
Phil Wilson

"aowi" <aowi (AT) discussions (DOT) microsoft.com> wrote

Quote:
Thank you very much! You are right, after I specify the path of 'regasm'
used, it works. But I got new problems.

After the regasm runned, I still got the same problem when I run my
application referencing to the interop dll. The error is " Retrieving the
COM
class factory for component with CLSID {..} failed due to the following
error: 80040154".

I don't know how to fix this problem now. How can I make sure the interop
dll is really registered and retrievable? I checked using 'regedit', the
classID mentioned is there...I don't know why it's not retrievable..

Thank you very much for help!

Aiwi




"Wilson, Phil" wrote:

Go to the directory of the regasm you actually need. If you have three
frameworks installed there will be three regasms, that's why there is no
App
Paths entry for regasm, for example, because you should be using the one
appropriate for the assembly.
--
Phil Wilson

"aowi" <aowi (AT) discussions (DOT) microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A1911243-C5B5-45E1-90F9-A310D0296C0B (AT) microsoft (DOT) com...
Hi,

I am trying to install an interop dll for application development. But
after
I find the regasm.exe and run it, and then go both .NET command line or
Run
command under start button of computer, it always say regasm not
recognized?
Any one know what to do in this case to get the dll registered?

Thank you very much!

Aowi



Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.