TCPClient problem - 08-12-2009 , 10:46 AM
I have a VS2005 application running on a CE5 device that connects via
WiFi to a SQL Server 2005 database using Sqlclient. Before logging into the
database, I create an TCPClient connection between a PC and the device so
the device can identify itself (several devices could connect at the same
time) and synchronise it's time with the PC. 99% of the time it works fine
but I occasionally get a problem with the device appearing to hang up almost
immediately after the TCPClient connection is established and before logging
into the SQL Server database.
I am assuming that it is because it is losing the connection to the PC,
so have added extra code to try and detect when the connection is being
lost. However, it happens so rarely that I don't know whether I have fixed
it yet. The main issue is that I have several different manufacturers
devices here and I only get the problem on one of them (2 different devices
by the same manufacturer), and sometimes it is accompanied by the error
'Fatal Exception. sdcswc.exe has caused an illegal operation and will be
shut down. Exception 0xC000001D, Address 02FA2458.
I assume that sdcswc.exe is somthing to do with the Summit wireless card
that is in the device. What I am trying to establish is whether my
application is causing the Summit application to crash or the other way
around. I do have other devices with the same type of Summit card / software
version in them and I don't get the problem, and I have also seen this
problem when not running my application, most notably when first switching
on the device and it tries to reconnect to the wireless network. Also, once
the error message has been displayed sometimes my application will continue
running, sometimes it won't. The problem(s) also occur far more readily when
the application is running in debug mode from my PC via ActiveSync.
Any suggestions as to what could be causing this error would be
appreciated. I have been on to the device manufacturer and onto Summit for
months without any joy. Thanks in advance.
Re: TCPClient problem - 08-12-2009 , 11:36 AM
As a follow up, I eventually got the problem to happen and my 'new' code
determined that the connection had been lost - but there was no error
message from the Summit application. My application would not reconnect, so
using the function keys on the device I accessed the Summit Client Utility
where it did report that the device was no longer connected.
I clicked the reconnect button from the SCU application, which disables
then re-enables the WiFi card, and as soon as it was re-enabled, the same
error message as before 'sdcswc.exe has performed an illegal operation...'
appeared. I repeated this several times with the same result and eventually
had to reset the device to clear it.
"Andy Baker" <abaker (AT) NOSPAMvanputer (DOT) com> wrote
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|