I just ran this patch today also, and although it does take a painfully
long time to run, it did eventually finish for me. The installer ran
three separate times for me, each for separate KB #'s, but it did
eventually finish. It took about 2 hours.
I am on an XP Pro machine.
Alan Dean wrote:
I am having a problem with installing Visual Studio 2005 SP1. When I run
VS80sp1-KB926601-X86-ENU.exe, it gets about 60% through extraction and then
- No entries are added to the event log and no error dialog is presented.
- I have tried leaving the installation for several hours, but there is no
further installation progress.
- I have carefully read the installation FAQ, but my problem isn't covered.
- I have tried the /extract swicth, and that suffers the same issue
- I have downloaded a fresh copy to check for corrupted file
The installation environment is:
* Windows Server 2003 Standard SP1 (installed onto VPC 2004 SP1)
- fully patched via windows update
* IE 7.0
* SQL Server 2005 Developer SP1
* Visual Studio 2005 Team System (C# profile: VB.NET, C++, J#, Crystal
Reports, SQL Express deselected)
* .NET Framework 3.0 Redist
Hope that someone can help.
Regards, Alan Dean